A good photo instantaneously compels one to pause and unknowingly drift into that beautifully portrayed image of being captivated by wonder. If you have never travelled Namibia and have been contemplating that holiday for several months now… it’s not too late.
In the meantime, as you gather your thoughts, here are some snippets that serve as a formal invitation, as well as a teaser to encourage you to finally make your way here:
- One of the best ways to appreciate this spacious country is by road, where you can enjoy the stunning landscapes of Namibia. Destinations are often located quite far from one another, and traveling between them offers contrasting and spectacular views. Some of the best photographs are taken en route between two points.
2. Admire and be inspired by animals during game drives in the Etosha National Park, close to Etosha Safari Lodge, and Bwabwata National Park, close to Namushasha River Lodge. Just to mention but a few… The best animal photographs are taken at sunrise and sunset.
3. Enjoy a day trip to the notable Deadvlei, which is probably on everyone’s Namibian adventure ‘bucket list’, and considered to be the most photographed landscape in the country. Grab a couple of friends and make sure you snap breathtaking shots.
4. Fish River Canyon is an unrivalled setting and is perfectly nuzzled in the south of Namibia. Spectacular photography awaits those who are up at dawn. It is close to the Canyon Roadhouse where you can fill up your vehicle’s tank, stay overnight or simply stop over and enjoy a delicious lunch.
5. The ghost town of Kolmanskop is not too far away from Klein-Aus Vista, so make a stop when headed to Lüderitz for your day trip. Eerie views of long deserted homes, which have been invaded by the desert, make for awe-inspiring photography.
7. The Kwando River offers a myriad of elephants making their way to the river for their ‘afternoon pool-chill-time’ to cool off and unwind a little. It’s also not too far from the Namushasha River Lodge.
8. There is something special about Namibia’s rich cultural diversity as it allows for amazing opportunities to get acquainted with the local people.
10. And finally, Twyfelfontein, which is renowned for its ancient rock engravings and also considered as the initial form of graffiti art, is just a few kilometeres from Damara Mopane Lodge.
I hope you enjoyed your invitation and that you’ll be here soon! So, rent your desired Namibia2Go vehicle and feel at home at our Gondwana Lodges and enjoy our beautiful country. Don’t forget to pack your camera!
If you have visited before, invite others to visit Namibia by sharing your favourite photo with us in the comment section below.
Author – I’m Nela, from Windhoek Namibia but born in a small village called Omatunda in northern Namibia. I am passionate about writing, research and photography, as it helps me gain knowledge about people and my country.