A unique combination of passionate and knowledgeable Namibians, warm hosts quality service professionals and story creators.
The requirements are as follows:
Responsible for management of all staff and catering services for conferences and banquets.
Communicate daily with the management team, planning work schedules and checking client requirements.
Handle customer comments and enquiries.
Ensure all conference/events run smoothly and timeously.
Supervise maintenance, supplies and equipment – check that all equipment is in working order.
Ensure compliance with health and safety, licensing laws and other legal regulations
Ensuring optimal lodge operations, while upholding the Gondwana standard.
Being a custodian of Gondwana Values, with a passion for People and the Environment. Driving excellence within the team, while being visible and available to guests.
Job requirements and qualifications:
• Previous working experience from reputable establishment as Pastry Chef for a minimum of 5 years
• Certificate in culinary arts or similar relevant field
• In depth knowledge of sanitation principles
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
• Applicable knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc.)
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Great attention to detail and creativity
• Great interpersonal and leadership skills
• Friendly attitude with sober habits
• Strong passion for the art of food design.
The position is situated at The Weinberg Hotel
People who started working together with a common purpose more than 20 years ago, turned a conservation dream into Namibia’s leading lodge group today.
“You can only be successful if you make others successful”
We know what it takes to develop and enhance talent.
Transferring skills and building confidence in our talented employees is essential for our growth as a company.