Covid-19 Hygiene Measures and Travel Tips
Welcome back to Namibia
At Gondwana Collection Namibia we look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful country, where the sun and our hospitality warm your heart and social distancing appears naturally in the wide open landscapes.
It is of course not business as usual, but Namibia is perfectly positioned to offer you a safe, exciting and soulful journey into solitude, fresh air and wide-open spaces.
All you need for a wonderful vacation in Namibia is a negative Covid-19 test, which should not be older than 7 days upon arrival. No quarantine, no further testing.
Safe Travels in Namibia
What do you need for your vacation in Namibia?
- On arrival in Namibia, all travellers must present a negative Covid-19 test that is not older than 7 days.
- Travellers have to provide a travel itinerary, two completed medical questionnaires (COVID-19 Primary Surveillance Form and Health Questionnaire) and a travel insurance that also covers Covid-19 related medical expenses.
- No quarantine, no further testing.
- 0% Cancellation fee until 48 hours prior to date of arrival, only for your Gondwana accommodation bookings, valid until 31 October 2021. The 0% cancellation fee only applies up to 48 hours before the arrival date when the inability to travel is Covid-19 related.
- In the unlikely event of falling ill with Covid-19 in Namibia; Gondwana Collection Namibia in partnership with OSH-Med International will provide a full medical support package: facilitation of transport and accommodation in a registered, private isolation and quarantine facility; availability of OSH-Med medical professionals and liaisons with private hospitals. The costs for these services must be covered by the guests or their insurance. This offer also applies to clients, who hired a Namibia2Go rental vehicle to travel Namibia.
- The OSH-Med COVID-19 Travellers Testing Centre in Windhoek offers PCR testing specifically for travellers. Tel: +264 (0)85 26000269 | Email: ; another option for Covid-19 testing is PathCare Namibia. Please book your appointment prior to your arrival in Namibia to avoid disappointment.
Guest Arrival and Welcome at the Lodge
We greet you with a warm smile and consider your health and safety a top priority.
Guests are required to use the provided hand sanitizer; hand washing facilities are also available.
Guests’ temperature is taken upon arrival and recorded.
Our employees will be wearing face masks. We provide masks for guests who do not have a mask on their person.
Interaction with guests is contactless and social distancing will be maintained.
Guests are requested to complete a Medical and Travel Declaration upon arrival.
Restaurant and Bar
Feel comfortable and enjoy.
Hand sanitisers are available upon entering communal areas including the reception and curio shop.
We offer communal dining in the restaurant, however we apply social distancing by ensuring space between tables.
Our restaurant personnel look forward to serving our guests at the buffet and fulfilling every wish (no self-service).
Guests are welcome to have their complimentary tea and coffee at a restaurant table or in the lounge area. However, cappuccino and latte beverages are charged as per the beverage menu.
Alcohol beverages will be sold to guests as per the On-Consumption Liquor License Regulations of the Liquor Act. This means no takeaway alcohol.
Cleaning of Rooms
Our guest rooms are thoroughly cleaned to make you feel safe and comfortable in your home away from home.
Guests are welcome to advise on check-in if they wish to minimize housekeeping to avoid interaction.
The Housekeeping team will wear gloves and face masks and use disinfectants for cleaning all surfaces and touchpoints (e.g. door handles, switches) when preparing and refreshing rooms.
Each room will undergo a deep clean between guests checking out and next guests checking in.
Bed sheets will not be replaced every day, as per our eco-friendly procedures, but can be changed upon request.
All laundry will be done using strong disinfectant soaps; all linen is sundried and ironed.
Any guest laundry will be washed individually.
Enjoy your fun in the sun!
Swimming pools are open; use thereof are at guests’ own risk. The number of loungers have been reduced and spaced to allow social distancing between guests.
Activities take place in compliance with the prescribed social distancing and hygiene measures.
All equipment is sanitised prior to use, particularly the interior of all safari vehicles.
Hand sanitisers are provided for all guests before embarking on activities.
Individual snack packets are handed out instead of finger food platters.
The members of our Gondwana family are keeping you safe.
Our personnel has been educated on the improved Standard Operating Procedures and facts about Covid-19.
All employees have their temperature monitored on a regular basis.
Teams are provided with face masks and gloves.
Teams adhere to social distancing rules when in contact with other employees and guests.
Employees regularly wash their hands and use hand sanitizer.
There is a dedicated health coordinator at each property.
We stagger mealtimes for personnel to ensure social distancing.
Together we can make it
Each Gondwana property warms the heart, delights and inspires. Built in locations with spectacular landscapes, they are in close proximity to epic natural wonders, geological marvels, World Heritage sites, places steeped in history and animal sanctuaries.
We worked very hard and are well prepared to ensure the safety of our guests. Experience the feeling of self-assurance and well-being radiating from our Gondwana family.
We are ready to welcome you and to introduce you to our fascinating Namibia.