Namibia welcomes international travellers without quarantine
Disclaimer: The information published is based on national regulations and guidelines at the date of publication. Requirements may vary across various airlines and countries and travellers/guests are strongly advised to seek advice from both the airlines and destination countries in order to avoid any losses or unforeseen hindrances to their travel itineraries.
The Minister of Environment, Forestry and Tourism Pohamba Shifeta has announced that there will be no travel restrictions or quarantine for international guests arriving in Namibia. They need only present a negative Covid-19 test upon arrival.
Gondwana Collection Namibia is extremely excited following the Minister of Environment and Tourism’s announcement. We are working on every front to ensure that all necessary measures will be in place to welcome international tourists to our properties again soon.
Gondwana Collection has adapted appropriate Hygiene Measures and Standard Operating Procedures to provide our guests and employees with the safest possible environment, yet offering holidaymakers an unforgettable Namibian experience.
For travellers arriving from international locations, the protocols are as follows:
– The only entry point for tourists visiting Namibia is the Hosea Kutako International Airport. Travellers will upon arrival have to present a negative Covid-19 test result not older than 72 hours.
– They may then proceed to their pre-booked destination of choice and will be able to partake in all activities for the number of days booked at any particular establishment.
– Travellers can proceed to their next destination at any time, provided that they are available for testing (wherever located) on Day 5 of their travels in Namibia.
– On Day 7, travellers are required to be reachable to be informed of their results.
– A negative result will allow the traveller to continue with their itinerary.
– A positive result will require the traveller to be taken to a specifically identified isolation facility. Here they will be treated at own cost and as required by the National Case Management Guidelines.
Gondwana Collection Namibia looks forward to welcoming you to our beautiful country.